LCRIG (or the Local Council Roads Innovation Group to give it its full name) is a group of local councils in the UK that are promoting a fresh approach to the management of highway assets (eg roads, signs, grass verges and lots of other roady bits and bobs). They want to improve current methods which evaluate road conditions and determine appropriate levels of investment for maintenance.
When LCRIG first got in touch, all they had was a logo. This meant they had almost zero brand awareness. To change this, they told us they wanted a strong visual look that they could roll out across a range of online and offline channels.
THE ELBOW GREASE
To take LCRIG where they wanted to go, we initially:
- sat down with key LCRIG members to fully understand the organisation inside out
- researched LCRIG’s target audiences
- analysed communication trends in the highways and infrastructure sector
- brainstormed initial ideas for visuals and messaging and presented them to LCRIG
- developed our initial concepts further until LCRIG was super happy with what we were suggesting
This led to the development of comprehensive brand guidelines to help LCRIG visually and verbally communicate with their target audiences in a consistent and effective way.
Using the brand guidelines, we created all of the following elements to help increase awareness of LCRIG:
- a bespoke WordPress website
- printed materials including a promotional brochure and stationery
- branded MailChimp templates for email campaigns
- a suite of bespoke photography that could be used for online and printed communications.
- conference materials, including environmental graphics, promotional items, delegate packs and video coverage of the event
LCRIG now have a brand that stands out against other council projects with its distinctive visual look, eye-catching photography and core messaging. As a result, LCRIG is in a stronger position to recruit new members, engage potential investors and get their innovative work noticed.
- Google rankings have organically increased by 90%
- 12 new member councils have signed up (and counting…)
- Due to LCRIGs success we’ve been contracted for some huge ongoing developments throughout 2019.
THE KIND WORDS
“Thynne Creative has been fundamental in supporting LCRIG from its early beginnings and has uplifted the organisation to become a leading light in the highways industry. They will further underpin LCRIG in its future plans by completely understanding the nature and direction of the business. Thynne Creative staff have become part of the LCRIG family and care about the success as if it was their own business (our spectacular success is due to their success).”
“Working with Thynne Creative has raised our profile, online presence and industry awareness to the point where we are engaging with potential new members on a daily basis. The team are always supportive, flexible, accommodating and their guidance and advice is invaluable.
This has enabled us to accelerate growth and we’re very excited about the development of our new site with the confidence it will have the impact we need.”
Executive Officer and Secretariat